Monday, January 24, 2011

Bre's Tofu Stirfry

 Bre's Tofu Stirfry

Makes a lot!
Ingredients:
1 onion
Portabello mushrooms
Garlic cloves
1/2 Cup Arame (dried seaweed)
1 lb tofu
soy sauce
 
Make some red quinoa- takes 20 minutes, and I like the taste a lot better than regular quinoa. 

Chop up an onion, some garlic and a couple of portabello mushrooms and start it all sauteing in a Tbs of olive oil. 
Rinse and drain half a cup of arame (it's dried seaweed, thin strips)
Chop up a pound of tofu into small pieces, add the arame and tofu and stir. 

Chop up a bunch of chard or kale or collards (I used chard) and toss it in. 

Add a Tbs of soy sauce, and I also added some Herbmate- an herb flavored salt. 

Serve the tofu stir fry over the quinoa. Yum! It makes a lot, so I drizzled a little flax oil over the top, since the fraction of the olive oil I got wasn't enough healthy fat and I like the taste of flax oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment